[ct-user] [d4connection] WPX M/S Rules and Contest Software

Fabio I4UFH d4connection@yahoogroups.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:22:33 +0100

Hi Kenny,

I remember well that the rules were adapted to use M/M configurations in th=
e Contest Programs,but the way that=20
you suggest ( using M/M setup and respecting the M/S 10min rules ) is not c=
ompliant to the rules that  follows :

WPX 2002 Rules

2. Multi-Operator (All band operation only)
(a) Single-Transmitter: Only one transmitter and one band permitted during =
the same time period (defined as 10
minutes). Exception: One-and only one-other band may be used during any 10-=
minute period if-and only if-the
station worked is a new multiplier. Use a separate serial numbers for the m=
ultiplier station. Logs found in violation
of the 10-minute rule will be automatically reclassified as multi-multi. Ma=
ximum power allowed is 1500 watts total
output power. Your log MUST show the correct serial number sent for each co=
ntact. (MULTI-ONE)

I understand, but I can be wrong, that the multiplier station MUST use a se=
parate serial numbers, completly separate
from running serial numbers. Each group of serial numbers are not separate =
by band, Runner Numbers start from 0000
on Running band AND on the same 10 min period a Mult station can work neede=
d mult's on another band starting again
from 0000.

Some Example of what I had understood :

Time    RunnerBand    RunnerSerial    MultBand    MultSerial

0000    20                    0001                40            0001    New=
 Mult
0001    20                    0002                40            0002       =
 "=20=20=20=20=20
0002    20                    0003                40            0003       =
 "
0003    20                    0004                40            0004       =
 "
0004    20                    0005                40            0005       =
 "
0005    20                    0006                40            0006       =
 "=20=20=20
0006    20                    0007                40            0007       =
 "
0007    20                    0008                40            0008       =
 "
0008    20                    0009                40            0009       =
 "
0009    20                    0010                40            0010       =
 "
0010    20                    0011                40            0011       =
 "
0011    20                    0012                15            0012       =
 "
0012    40                    0013                15            0013       =
 "
0013    40                    0014                15            0014       =
 "
0014    40                    0015                15            0015       =
 "

The M/M configuration in CT don't solve the problem, because in this way yo=
u have 6 different Serial Numbers sequence by band, but is not what the rul=
es claims. The big difference is that CT count the QSO by band, the rules n=
eed to count the QSO by Computer were QSO is logged. Writelog has similar k=
ind of Serial manging, but has another bad features, has slow Master.DTA se=
arch, mouse dipendent menu and so on that we don't agree.

I cannot see another view to read the rules, but probable on the mind of th=
e writer there was a good idea, but on the paper it's dont seem the same th=
at thinked .... or am I in wrong ?? Light me !!

73 and thank's de Fabio I4UFH

----- Original Message -----=20