[ct-user] Tools for CQWW M2 category ?

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:12:14 +0000

Bob,

I disagree.

8 band changes/hour is really only four- one to a band and one back.
It can easily be exceed by searching and pouncing spots across
multiple bands.  In fact, with an ACOM amp and/or any of today's
transcievers (for those not in high power categories), bands are
irrelevant.  One goes where the contacts are.

Late in the contest, band hopping is perhaps the only way to maintain
a decent rate.

It is a stupid limitation, in my opinion, which technology has made
passe.  The sponsors need to find something else to differentiate M2
from MM.  How about only two operators?

73 de Brian/K3KO