[ct-user] ct 9.81 and DVP/Win2000

Mike Brown k9mi@arrl.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:15:17 -0500

From: alsopb=0D
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2002 4:07:10 AM=0D
To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu=0D
Cc: ct-user@contesting.com=0D
Subject: Re: [ct-user] ct 9.81 and DVP/Win2000=0D
=0D
Jim,=0D
=0D
I've been wanting to do this type of partition stuff for even older=0D
WINDOWS operating system. =0D
=0D
A question showing my ignorance. Just how does one get the contest=0D
file from the DOS partition to the WIN2K partition for uploading to=0D
the contest sponsor? Floppy disk would work but most machines don't=0D
come with floppy disks anymore. Can WIN2K, WINME, WINXP et al read=0D
files in the DOS partition? Does one have to format the DOS partition=0D
in any special way?=0D
=0D
73 de Brian/K3KO=0D
=0D
Jim Reisert wrote:=0D
> =0D
> Hi Henry,=0D
> =0D
> You want to create a bootable DOS partition, and install CT there. When
your PC starts up, you will be given a choice of booting the Win2K partit=
ion
or the DOS partition. For CT, you want to boot the DOS partition. For all
intents and purposes, it looks like a DOS computer at this point, all CT
functions should work as expected.=0D
> =0D
> I don't remember if Win2K comes with a utility to do this. You might lo=
ok
into Partition Magic software for creating the new bootable partition.=0D