[ct-user] ct 9.81 and DVP/Win2000

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk@msn.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 04:01:46 -0800

Each partition has its own drive letter.  From DOS, you can't read the
Windows 2000 partition, but there is little reason to do so anyway.
However, from Windows 2000 you can read the FAT 16 DOS partition just fine.
So, you run CT in the DOS partition, creating your post-contest files, then
do everything else from Windows 2000, including emailing the log file,
printing summaries, archiving files, etc.

I've been doing this for years ... DOS partition and Windows partition on
each computer.  It is easy to switch between the partitions and completely
avoids all the discussion/experiences of running the DOS version of CT under
the various versions of Windows.

73,
Ed - W0YK