[ct-user] 2003 CQ 160 Contests

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:10:30 -0400

        Per K4JRB, here are a few changes for the 2003 CQ 160:

1.    The contests go to a 48 hour format (0000Z Sat to 2359Z Sun) to
conform with other CQ sponsored contests.

2.     VY0 has been added as a new Canadian Multiplier.

3.    The DX window has been dropped for both modes.

4.    Single ops will have a maximum operating time of 30 hours.

5.    No change in the DX exchange (RST + country abbreviation).

        I believe these changes will only require the addition of
VY0 as a mult (I assume the abbreviation NU?) to the W/VE list of
states/provinces.  I don't believe on/off time is required for
Cabrillo since that can be handled by the log analysis programs
(but I think CQ still needs to specify the minimum OFF time as WPX
does).  You may also want to ensure that your program will accept
three letter country abbreviations since guys often send their
prefix (e.g. VP5).

        Full rules for the 2003 contest will soon be published on
the CQ Website at http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/infoc.html but
this should give programmers a "heads up" on changes needed before
January.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV