[ct-user] Paddle input

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 5 00:02:17 EST 2003

This is a good opportunity for you to make a DPDT switch box for your
paddle...

I had a guest operator (WC4E) that had learned CW in reverse with his
thumbs generating the dashes and pointer finger the dots...[BAD
ELMER]and this also helps w/lefties... a very simply dpdt switch in the
padddle line reverses the "handed-ness" of the paddle.

You can get pieces and parts from Radio shack for a few bucks or they
might even be in your junk box - I designed mine with a jack for the
paddle and then a long ferrited lead to a plug.

you can just leave it in the line and should you get a visitor to your
shack that needs it "the other way" it is just a switch thorugh to make
him feel right at home!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

22 days until the Florida QSO Party, check it out at:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp