[ct-user] CTWIN Setup error resolved

Dallas Carter ludal at dmv.com
Sat Feb 22 10:14:10 EST 2003

Just a note for others who might run into the problem I had.

Problem:  When I tried to run SETUP.EXE, I always got an error
6002. 6002 is an InstallShield error that is looking for SETUP.BOOT.

Cause:  I had unzipped with PKUNZIP v.2.04g.  That version does
not support long file extensions.

Fix: I merely renamed the file from xxx.BOO to xxx.BOOT and the
problem was solved.

Jim, AD1C suggested that PKUNZIP v2.50 might be better.  That version
does support long extensions, but has a problem with long file names
conforming to NTFS format.  You might want to obtain a Windows based
Zip utility for those cases such as WinZip, PKZIP for Windows, or a
wide variety of others.

73  Dallas W3PP