[ct-user] PCI Serial I/O Card Recommendation

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Sep 13 09:19:43 EDT 2003

At 03:36 AM 9/13/2003, J. Edward \(Ed\) Muns wrote:

>Does anyone have a recommendation for brand of PCI I/O card with two serial
>RS232C ports?  I need to add two more ports to one of my logging/rig
>computers.  Fry's has several brands and types, some with parallel ports,
>too.  The Internet has a spectrum of cards.  Maybe any will work fine, but
>if anyone has experience they can share it may save me some grief.

DOS or Windows? IRQ sharing or not?

In my Windows XP environment, I have had good luck with the CompUSA "house"
brand (FMI) 2S/1P card:

         http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=271773

This card uses standard NetMOS drivers.  It's an IRQ-sharing card. It's
significantly cheaper than name-brand (SIIG etc.) cards.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC