[ct-user] Newbie here..

Chaz Cone chaz at chazcone.com
Mon Dec 6 22:49:58 EST 2004

..and I just downloaded Ken's latest effort  CTWin 10.02.001 and installed
it.  Installation went fine but when trying to execute I get TVIcHW32.dll
cannot be found (don't hold me to the spelling of the .dll; at least one
letter was lowercase and I know it doesn't matter).

Truly, I checked and that file isn't on my system.  I run XP home SP2.

I had friend Bill N4NX check his Win98 machine (where he runs an earlier
version of 10) and it isn't on his machine either so apparentlly it wasn't
needed before.

I understand this ,dll is used for direct control of ports.

It's not included in the ctwin10_.2.zip  file either.

So I installed CTW9.92.001 and it works just fine.

So I'm good to go for the ARRL 10M contest w/v9 but I'm interested in the
(apparent) value of upgrading to 10.  Heck, there probably won't be any 10M
propagation anyhow (glass half empty; slap me!)

Thanks!

Chaz, W4GKF