[ct-user] CT and 7QP?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Apr 29 23:30:45 EDT 2006

At 03:09 PM 4/29/2006, N7MAL wrote:

>I hate to disagree with Jim AD1C but using CT in the NEQP contest
>mode is at best a 'kluge'. It doesn't score correctly and the
>section map doesn't work for non-W7's.
>HOWEVER, as a W7 I will be using CT. I will be using CT in the CQP
>contest mode. The section map works and more importantly it scores
>the 7QP contest correctly. Unfortunately CQP in CTWIN is broken so
>you must use CTDOS. CTDOS runs perfectly inside WINXP. I have the
>correct .DAT file for any W7 wanting to use CT. I was unable to
>locate the file either on K1EA's or the 7QP websites. The 7QP county
>files on K1EA's website are wrong.

One of the 7QP organizers contacted me today.  I had used the TR Log
.DOM file as my template, but it was not correct and I didn't notice
it.  There's a new TR template there with the corrections.  I'll be
putting up new files tomorrow.

I also uploaded and linked to the wrong file.  I'll fix this at the same time.

I'm not sure what "CQP in CTWIN is broken" means, it works
here.  There is NO WAY that all the 7QP multipliers can be displayed
in CT, whether CT works or not.

I think there are more negatives than positives in your message.  I
gave the CT files to K4XU weeks ago but they had not been posted to
the 7QP web site.  I decided to put the files on the CT site
today.  ANYONE could have sent them to me, with suggestions as to
which contest module to use, and I would have been happy to spread
the word.   Without badmouthing CT or the work that I VOLUNTEERED to
do at the request of someone from 7QP.

It's YOUR contest, not mine.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us