[ct-user] CT can't read frequency from radio
n1au at rcn.com
Wed Feb 22 19:17:12 EST 2006
I am using a Pentium-class computer, that normally runs WriteLog
perfectly, with CT for DOS under Windows 98SE and using a Kenwood
TS-940. I started with the current version 10.02.008 but noticed that:
1) When logging a contact, CT would first shift to 20 meters and then
log the call, power, and time on 20 meters. I had to correct the logged
entry band and then shift CT to my actual operating band to continue.
Each logged entry would repeat this process.
2) While Alt-F1 worked to shift band down, Alt-F2 had no effect at all.
3) My TopTen antenna switch operating from LPT1 would not follow the
4) A frequency could be written to my TS-940 from a spot or the log
entry, but neither the band or frequency could be read from the radio to
5) Log entries simply show the lower band edge, such as 7.000 or 14.000,
regardless of actual radio frequency, unless a frequency has been
previously read into the radio, in which case that frequency shows in
the log or on an Alt-F3 packet spot regardless of the radio frequency.
I could find no way to alter this behavior by adjustments to the BIOS or
to the batch files or to the CT setup data.
In desperation, I installed an earlier version of CT, 10.02.002 but
found no improvement. Trying still earlier versions, I found that 9.74
did not have the most serious problems (1) (2) and (3) although the
remaining problems persisted. The contest was in progress, so I
continued this way.
Can anyone tell me the cause and cure of this problem?
Thanks very much!
More information about the CT-User