[ct-user] NETTSR and new computers - it works!

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 14:49:02 EDT 2006

Good day, everyone:

I just had occasion to try using dis_pkt and an NDIS driver on
a new computer to use with a CT DOS network.  It worked fine,
this time with an Intel Pro/100 VE network controller.  With
the Intel E100B.DOS driver, this works fine.  It took less than
10 minutes to set up.  The procedure I wrote up some time
ago worked fine.

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/ct-user/2006-July/009394.html

This means that CT DOS can be run with ethernet networking
on most new computers.  (Note:  this works but needs torture
testing to make sure it is stable).

With the ByteRunner PCI serial cards, it appears that almost
any modern DESKTOP computer with a parallel port can be
used successfully for CT DOS.  I think Byterunner has a parallel
port PCI card with a DOS driver, so it may be possible to use that.

Laptops are another matter.

I will have to try CTWIN here...I suspect it would work more
easily.  I have had problems with delays in sending CW
from CT WIN, but that may have been due to old, slow
computers.  I haven't tried it on this new, fast Dell.

I hope that this may help someone.  If not, it at least helps
me!  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D