[ct-user] CT-DOS

Nate Bargmann n0nb at networksplus.net
Fri Nov 9 19:41:55 EST 2007

* N7MAL <N7MAL at CITLINK.NET> [2007 Nov 09 17:12 -0600]:

> Ron you and I and many, many, others have been contesting with CT for
> more than 20 years. How many other programs can report that kind of
> testimonial??????

I first ordered a copy of CT back in '93 after working my first phone
SS and logging on paper!  I entered all of the QSOs in post contest
mode.  Since then CT has been the standard I've used in nearly all
contests including Field Day.  I have tried a TR clone written for
Linux, but I just feel more comfortable with CT.

> LONG LIVE CT

I agree!  I hope that if Ken has stopped development on CT that he
might give consideration to releasing the source under the GPL or other
Free Software license if possible.  There would probably be a few hams
that would keep updating CT which would be better, IMHO, than having a
ham radio icon disappear.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of