[ct-user] Bandmap not Working with CTDOS in WIN 95 Laptop

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 03:52:44 EST 2008

I acquired a neat little Toshiba Libretto CT50 Mini Laptop
that has WIN95 OS on it

I tried 2 versions of CTDOS   Ver 10.03.002  & 10.04.001
both of which I have used on 2 other DOS computers and had no issues with
Bandmap Window

I boot directly into DOS on all these machines using F8 on boot up so I
am not loading any windows drivers - Laptop goes staright to DOS window

My other 2 computers are  running WIN98 and Bandmap works fine
when I boot straight into DOS.

With this Toshiba Libretto CT50, I am using COM1 for radio control and
all other control functions work fine, ie, if i type in a freq in callsign
field
radio QSYs fine and also radio changes mode for mixed mode contests when I
hit Ctrl F1 or F2
so I know the Libretto sees the radio

With the Libretto Laptop, when I type Alt , ( Alt - Comma ) the Bandmap
window does not appear

I am sure I have run CTDOS in past from a WIN95 OS machine and Bandmap etc
worked fine.

I tried my Kenwood TS-850 and my K3 and running straight from DOS on bootup
( No Windows Drivers loaded )
I typed COMTSR1 -B4800 which has controlled both these radios in the past on
my 2 other
computers

Anyone run into this where laptop controls radio but bandmap won't work ?

Is this some weird issue because I am using the Libretto Mini Laptop ???
I come out of DB-9 COM 1 port of the laptop with a W1GEE RS-232  interface
when running the TS-850 and use a straight 9 pin serial cable with the K3 as

K3 has interface built in.

Any ideas on this propblem ? Does WIN95 have some issues on certain
computers when running CTDOS ?

73, Dennis N6KI