[ct-user] CT PORT/BAUD SETTINGS FOR ELECRAFT K3

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Thu Nov 5 08:59:54 PST 2009

Hi Gents,

I'm trying to let CT V9.x communicate with my Electraft K3 radio
when I want to change bands, either by changing the band
with the radio or with the computer ( {ALT}F1 or F2).

I'm using a my trusty DOS notebook computer, a Gateway
Colorbook.  COMTSR1 is running and specified to
communicate at 4800 baud.  No port conflicts that I know about.
The radio1 selected in the CT setup is TS-50.
The PORT setup in CT is: COM1  4800  RADIO1

I'm using a standard RS-232 cord between the radio's RS232 port
and the COM port on my computer.  Wrong cord?

Is there something else I should change or setup?

Thanks,
Charlie, N0TT