[Fourlanders] Sept contest

Bob Lear k4sz@alltel.net
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:20:02 -0400

As you see I prompted Jim into revealing his plans today so now I'll
throw out some more.  Since I found in someones post that I am the 432
Band captain (and I sure don't know how that happened.  The unconscious
volunteer method??)  then I guess we should talk 432 and since I've been
talking to Brian also then I'll throw out some 6m and 222 stuff I know
about.

6m station:  I will let Neal use the tower trailer again for this
contest.  He has a Yaesu rotator that will now mount in the tower.
Neal, A reminder:  Make your rotator cable longer!!  I have available
the 6M7 beam again if there is no other to use this year.  It is not yet
modified per Dicks recent changes, but we may have time to do that yet.

222 station:  I have talked to Brian a couple of times and have offered
my complete 222 set-up:  Icom 736 with DEMI 222 transverter and Teletec
brick amp.  Brian is working on his 222/6155 Amp conversion and if that
comes on line we can use it in place of the Teletec.   Brian, the DEMI
has Ground-on-TX output for a linear and we can adjust the power out as
necessary.  Brian is planning to bring one of the long 222 beams also.

432 Station:  FT920 with DEMI 432 Transverter.  We need an AMP of some
sort or I will be forced to again go with the Teletec brick.  We have
two FO22 beams and a power divider also.  This will go up on about 28 or
30 foot tower with tilt over base.  (Robin is bringing me the tilt over
bases to use even though he won't be with us.)  One tilt base will be
used for 2m and one for 432.  We will have another available, but I'm
thinking right now that we might want to keep things simpler like we did
in June and use 222 and 432 on the same tower since it looks like we
don't have very many operators again.  We have enough mast to stack the
two FO22's and still put up the 222 beam.  We did only have one each in
June.  Unless we get more ops and set-up folks, I don't see how we would
be able to do multi anyway.  Sure haven't been many here on the
reflector signing up to go or many plans being made.

I do have enough tower and guys here for 2m and 432.  If we go with a
fourth we'll need some guys and maybe a top section also.  I'll do an
inventory of what all I have here and put it out on the list soon.  We
do have plenty of rotators so that's not a problem.

Let's hear some more plans about what's going on besides the bears and
great food plans.  Who all is planning to come, etc.

73 Bob