[Fourlanders] SOUND CARD

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Wed Apr 30 22:09:04 EDT 2003

Gentlemen, the sound card that I was telling you about last weekend is
on sale.  I ordered mine today.

Sound Blaster Extigy external USB sound card

do a google search to get the specs off the Creative Labs page

www.compuplus.com  has it on sale for $121 with a special rebate of $50
from creative if purchased from compuplus only.  That's only $71 net or
actually about $86 after shipping.  Still an excellent deal.
Rebate only good for purchases from 4/28 to 5/5 at compuplus.

It may be part of the solution for our sound card problems with laptops
as now we won't have to take the mic audio back out through the
headphone jack with the volume control. It will work with a desktop that
has a usb port of course.

I saw one at Guy's W4NUS when we went to the Charlotte hamfest and was
impressed.  It has playback modes and a remote control so it's a good
"MAN" thing to get anyway.  "Power to the toys, boys".

they make an "Audigy" internal sound card that looks pretty impressive
too and it's also on sale.

73 Bob