[Fourlanders] Planning meeting at Huntsville Fest

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 6 02:19:18 EDT 2003

Good job Bob!  I am sure you will do a good job handling things in
Huntsville.  Sorry I will not be there but I have to get my son back to
school that weekend.  Just a couple of comments.  I just love the names for
the various towers, trailers,etc.  We need to put some photos with captions
on the website!  Now on to more serious things.  We need to have some sort
of minimal FM capability on 446 and 146.55.  If nothing else it gives us a
good way to talk people in and we always make a few contacts every year.
Maybe we can get Paul, W4SKI to talk things up with the locals before the
contest and tell them to look for us.  I guy in Knoxville did that a couple
of years ago and I made 30 or 40 contacts on 2 meters.  Anyway, I can supply
that capability with my FT-897 which I am bringing as backup for 432 anyway
or if the 2 meter band captain would rather take care of it that is OK also.
I just want to make sure that someone does it.  I am looking forward to
going up to the mountain in about 6 weeks (yes guys that is all the time we
have left).  Bob, with that microwave stuff, just let me know if you need
any help.  I will probably call you about scheduling another work day soon.

73
Jim W4KXY