[Fourlanders] RE: our conversation about score improvement

Brian McCarthy rfacres at akorn.net
Sat Jun 21 00:51:23 EDT 2003

I have created a small Excel spreadsheet that will allow any of you to
do "what-if'ing" to your hearts content. I have included a small section
that calculates our average "limited-multi" score of 50-432MHz. The
microwave bands are zeroed out, but I will put a couple of examples here:

This is what our score would look like if we had taken our score this
weekend and added working K4RF on all bands and a single 11-band rover
in 11 unique grids.

Band    QSO's    Pts     QSO P'ts    Grids
50      622      1       622         180
144     167      1       167         41
222     58       2       116         23
432     92       2       184         24
902     15       3       45          11
1296    20       3       60          11
2304    16       4       64          11
3456    12       4       48          11
5760    12       4       48          11
10G     12       4       48          11
24G     12       4       48          11

Totals  1038             1450        345

Score            500250

That is not very realistic.

This is what our score would be if we started with the average ABCD band
scores and added one 11-band rover in 11 grids (it could also be 2
rovers with 11-bands from 5 grids for one and 6 grids for the other):

Band    QSO's    Pts    QSO P'ts    Grids
50      379      1      379         100
144     218      1      218         52
222     63       2      126         27
432     91       2      182         28
902     11       3      33          11
1296    11       3      33          11
2304    11       4      44          11
3456    11       4      44          11
5760    11       4      44          11
10G     11       4      44          11
24G     11       4      44          11

Totals  828             1191        284

Score            338244

Not too incredible, but strong.

Same situation, but 2 11-band rovers through the same 11 grids:

Band    QSO's    Pts    QSO P'ts    Grids
50      390      1      390         100
144     229      1      229         52
222     74       2      148         27
432     102      2      204         28
902     22       3      66          11
1296    22       3      66          11
2304    22       4      88          11
3456    22       4      88          11
5760    22       4      88          11
10G     22       4      88          11
24G     22       4      88          11

Totals  949             1543        284

Score            438212

Now we are starting to cook!

Ok, I have created the tool and given a few scenarios. Now it's someone
else's turn to put together some more realistic preditctions.

Enjoy,
Brian
NX9O