[Fourlanders] Sept VHF - NX9O Not Available

Brian McCarthy rfacres at akorn.net
Thu Aug 5 09:27:02 EDT 2004

Guys,

I kept trying to fool myself, but in the past week it has become obvious
that I cannot go to the mountain this September.

The doctor's estimate is that Anna is due on Oct 8. Anna tells me that
Claire was nearly 3 weeks early and that Duncan was 1 week early. That
puts her first due date at Sept 17.

It also appears that I will be called as a witness in a trial being held
in Orlando starting on Sept 13 and continuing for as long as 7-10
business days. It is work related and not optional in any way. Please
don't ask for the details until after the judgement, except to say that
I am not on trial or in any direct danger. It is not clear how many days
I will be required or if I am required on local standby the whole time.

I would like to operate a bit during the contest, but I will likely need
to travel on Sunday afternoon so a serious effort is not possible. Would
the group prefer to work me as a casual rover or as a guest-op at
someones home station? Other ideas that keep me "close" to home? I am
not sure that an Atlanta to Orlando rove would be possible, but maybe...

I have no problem with letting the group use Great White (the trailer),
my generator or even the 222 Lunar Link (except that I still do not have
a proper and convenient power supply).

Sorry all,
Brian
NX9O