[Fourlanders] First Fourlanders Meeting In 2005

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 23 00:00:50 EST 2005

Hello everyone.  Winter is almost over and the time has come to start making
plans for the June and September contests.  Towards that end, I would like
to announce that we will, as has been our recent custom, have our first
meeting of 2005 at the Kennehoochee Hamfest on March 19th.  For those of you
new to the reflector and that may not be familiar with this particular
hamfest, it is a one day affair held on the campus of Southern Tech off of
I-75 near Marietta, GA northwest of Atlanta.  Their website is
www.w4bti.org.  The hamfest starts to run out of gas around lunch time so
what we usually do is meet at a nearby restaurant around 12 or 1.  The usual
agenda goes something like this: eat, pay dues ($30 for 2005), elect
officers, start making contest plans for 2005 (in particular June).  This
year I also want to talk about having some nice shirts made for the group.
I haven't picked a restaurant yet or set the final agenda but I wanted to go
ahead and send this out so everyone can get it on their calendar and make
plans to attend if they can.  As soon as I pick a restaurant I will send out
something more "official".  If you are familiar with the hamfest area and
have any ideas for a place to eat and meet as well as anything you want to
see on the agenda please let me know.  That is it for now.  Thanks.

73
Jim W4KXY
President And Primary 432 Op For W4NH