[Fourlanders] [Fwd: [Moon-net] 432 Activity]

Brian McCarthy rfacres at akorn.net
Fri Feb 25 08:29:44 EST 2005

This is mostly for Jim, W4KXY, but I thouht I would forward it to the
group. It would appear that this groups definition of QRP on 432 makes
W4NH's typical 432 configuration QRO. I have not looked at the
particulars for the June contest, but HB9Q should be quite workable and
is not a grid that we will ever work otherwise in the contest. You might
want to try working them from home too Jim! See http://www.hb9q.ch/.

HB9Q is also on 2m EME, with not quite the gain of their 15m dish on
432, but an 8x array of M2 long booms is a significant station. I
believe there are other opportunities for EME grids on 144 and 432. The
HB9Q site even identified one or two 222 EME capable/wanting stations
that I did not know about (follow the EME Initial List link and click on
all lists.)

Just some ideas, I'll try to compute the EME outlook for the June
contest shortly.

Brian,
NX9O