[Fourlanders] Reminder: Next Fourlanders Meeting March 19th

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 20 00:57:53 EST 2005

We had our Fourlanders meeting today.  Bob and I were able to talk quite a
bit about microwave plans.  Plans are that if W4NH is on in June and if we
do microwaves we will most likely operate from 903 MHz through 10 GHz.  A
lot of ifs there but some things are up in the air that I don't wish to
discuss here.  Bob is fairly certain he can have one spare/rover station on
all of those bands and maybe a couple of stations on one or two bands (3456
and 5760 I think).  For sure Mike he can set you up on 5760.  Now, the
conditions.  Bob has his hands full every year just getting W4NH on
microwaves so if someone wants to use some of his stuff they have got to
come get it.  They can come to Bob's place in Dahlonega (this is preferred)
but he would also be willing to bring it to the SVHFS conference.  The third
and least preferred option is they can pick it up on the mountain (Soco
Bald) on the Friday before the contest.  We are usually on the mountain by
early afternoon.  Pickup on the mountain is not available on Saturday.  We
have to get our own stuff working that day.  One other thing, as you know
connecting a transverter to an IF rig and getting it all working properly
can be a challenge.  That is the reason Bob would prefer that folks pick it
up at his place so they can bring their IF rig, antennas, etc. with them and
Bob can help get the transverter connected and test everything out.  They
will need to communicate with Bob about what IF rig they will be using,
power levels, keying lines, etc. so all that can be worked out in advance
especially if they choose to pick it up at the SVHFS conference or the
mountain.  Please have anyone interested contact Bob directly to work out
the details.

73
Jim W4KXY