[Fourlanders] September Contest

Bob Crone wa4vjc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 13:07:33 EDT 2006

Count me in.  Not sure if I can make it Fri night, but will be there before the contest starts.  One of these days I will be able to come early and stay late........

  73,
  Bob
  WA4VJC

Bob Lear <k4sz at alltel.net> wrote:
  Gentlemen, We've just come back from the UHF contest (I'll put out a
report soon) and realized that it's time to start serious planning for
the September VHF contest. It is only a MONTH away.

Let me know what you want to do. My recommendation is once again to go
limited multi and pretty much do what we did in June which we should all
be pretty well ready for without too much more preparation. Comments or
suggestions are requested. I have some really good ideas to implement
before next years contests that should allow us to do full-multi every
time we want to with much less work, but it will take some time to get
it all implemented.

One major issue we had for June which we did solve was pulling trailers
to the mountain. We had more trailers (Cargo, tower and generator) than
we had folks to pull them up. We will have the same situation again for
September. We need a couple more volunteers to pull trailers to the
mountain to keep me from having to double load them. ANY VOLUNTEERS?

On a related note, I had another good idea for adding towers to trailers
that don't currently have them, which will help with this problem. With
Ivan's input today, I think I've come up with a very viable solution,
that will not be expensive and will be very versatile. I don't know if
I'll be able to complete one before the September contest, but by next
year, I forsee we won't have this problem. Those of you thinking about
tower trailers (Ron and Steve) wait until you see my new design sketches
before committing to anything yet.

Current status: W4KXY has asked to be 2m band captain, NX9O has a
standing order to continue as 222 band captain and I think WW8RR told me
he wanted to do 432 again in September (confirm that with me Ron) and I
am volunteering to again do 6 meters pending other volunteers coming
forward. Ivan has also said he's definitely coming with trailer and as
a 6m op. I think Kim said he's also planning to be here as usual
(please confirm) and I think Bob Crone also said he was coming (also
confirm). Others, please let me know so we can get the list updated and
let everyone else know what the plans are. Jeff has told me he did put
this contest on his calendar so he should be coming along to cook and
operate. We saw Paul this weekend on the mountain when he came up to
visit and I'm sure he'll come operate some in September too.

OK, that kicks it off. 73, Bob K4SZ