[Fourlanders] Ethernet Switches

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 1 20:56:52 EST 2006

Several of us who were at K5AND's place this past weekend discussed some
ideas on improving our computer networking on the mountain.  One idea that
was suggested involved using ethernet switches instead of hubs like we are
doing now.  I was looking at a microcenter flyer tonight and they have
linksys ethernet (10/100) switches on sale for $15.  I will be glad to buy
two and donate them to the cause so we can try them out.  I just wanted to
verify that we will need two (one for each trailer).  Thanks.