[Fourlanders] Ethernet Switches

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Thu Feb 2 05:46:18 EST 2006

How many ports do they have?

-----Original Message-----
From: fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim Worsham
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 20:57
To: 'Fourlanders Contest Group'
Subject: [Fourlanders] Ethernet Switches

Several of us who were at K5AND's place this past weekend discussed some
ideas on improving our computer networking on the mountain.  One idea
that
was suggested involved using ethernet switches instead of hubs like we
are
doing now.  I was looking at a microcenter flyer tonight and they have
linksys ethernet (10/100) switches on sale for $15.  I will be glad to
buy
two and donate them to the cause so we can try them out.  I just wanted
verify that we will need two (one for each trailer).  Thanks.