[Fourlanders] June Contest Stuff

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 5 03:06:12 EDT 2006

I spent some time this afternoon and evening getting the 144 MHz station
together and doing some testing.  As a result I have several
questions/issues.

1. I am going to use the Asus PC that I bought from Dick, K5AND.  It has
writelog verion 10.54 installed.  Is that what we are going to use on the
mountain?  If not, do I need to upgrade or downgrade?  I have version 10.45
on CD (I have a license for that version) and can install that if necessary.
If we decide to use some other version then someone is going to have to
bring it to the mountain.  I also saw an email on the VHF reflector about a
new version of the master.dta (super-check-partial) file being available.
Should I download and install that?  Those of you who are writelog savy
please advise.

2. What are the plans for food?  Last I heard we might have someone cooking
for us.  Is that still going to happen or do we need to bring our own?

3. Do I need to bring a table?  In the past I brought one of the big white
tables but more times than not it didn't get used and when it did it was for
cooking/eating.  Bob always supplied a table for me to operate on.  Are you
going to do that again Bob?  If so and we don't need the big white table I
would rather just leave it at home.

4. Ron, do you need the 432 filter?

5. I am assuming at this time that all antennas and feedlines will be
supplied for the 144 MHz station.  This includes both beams, phasing lines,
power divider, feedline and rotator.  This also includes the dual band
verticle and feedline for 144/440 MHz FM.  All of that stuff was supplied in
the past and I just wanted to make sure that was still the case.

That is all that I have for now.  If anyone needs me to bring something
please let me know ASAP.  I have started packing.