[Fourlanders] contest update

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Mon Jun 5 23:05:42 EDT 2006

Gentlemen,  I have good and bad news.  the good news:  I sent a separate
e-mail with pix of how we are going to get the two extra trailers to the
mountain-top.  Will work just fine, but it took us quite a while to get
it all done.  Ivan has helped me here for two days.

the bad news:  I finally tracked Jeff down (he had been out of town) and
he has to make a biz trip this week and won't be back in time to go to
the contest with us and cook.  so we will be on our own again as far as
bringing your own food and cooking it.

We will supply as usual however:  A gas grill, a coleman stove,
microwave oven, crock pot and coffee maker.  We'll have water jugs with
plenty of water for cooking and coffee.  I have plenty of gas for the
grill and stove and I'll supply the coffee for the coffee maker.  If you
want some de-caf then bring it with you.

So bring your food and drink in coolers and we'll have the gear
available for cooking at least.  I'll try to make a crock pot full of my
famous brunswick stew sometime during the weekend.

If someone wants to volunteer to bring a meal for Friday evening for
everyone then that would be great or we could get Fried chicken or
something like that for friday night and not have so much work to do.
Is there a pizza delivery that will come to the campground????
Paul, where are you!!!!!

anyway, other than this change, everything seems to be on track.  I have
responded to all requests so far for stuff to bring for others and I
have been copied about others doing the same.  don't forget my request
that we all have a way to connect two sets of phones to your station for
our extra ops.

Everyone who gets this who is planning to come, please let me know so I
can update my list (band captains are already on the list for sure).

Keep us updated about any needs or concerns.

73 Bob

If anyone needs directions, let me know and I'll find the file I have
somewhere on the computer and get it to you.