[Fourlanders] 6 Meters in the Midwest

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Wed Jun 14 08:37:11 EDT 2006

Well, I talked with WB9YCZ  last night on Skype and he confirmed what we
have heard scattered reports of.

6 Meters in the Midwest was crazy as hell at the beginning of the
contest. He reported that they had Sporadic E openings all week leading
up to the contest, and then again right after contest began. He operated
with a couple other guys in EN60.

Dale said that when the hammer dropped at 18:00Z the band sounded like
20 meters during SSB Sweepstakes. Stations packed in from 50.100 all the
way to 50.800 and they couldn't find a spot to call CQ. In the
beginning, everything they worked was grids CN, DN, CM, DM, and some DL.

Then about 20:00Z someone flipped a switch and everything west shut off
and swung to the East and a hop into extreme Southeast. Grid FN was
packed with stations they worked. They also worked every grid in Florida
within an hour along with a number of Caribbean stations in grid FL.

Sunday was different and did not offer the intensity as was the case on
Sat. They were still working numerous stations but scattered all over
the US.

Ron Rogers
WW8RR