[Fourlanders] Help with 6 meter beam

GORDON MACIE gmacie at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 11:36:01 EDT 2007

Now that everyone has recovered from the June Contest
(not !).

I have a Hygain 66DX. 6 elements on a 24' boom.
Is this beam regarded as a good performer ? I am open
to modifying but haven't had much success googling for
a optimized design. I found the nw3z article about owa
beams but it only covers 10 meters. I found a cebik
article but it was 6 el on a 14' boom. That didn't
seem right ?..

The m2 squared antenna's seem margin mechanically to
me. I guess I could use their measurements ?. I am not
a eznec / antenna modeler.

Gordon N4LR

P.S Condx sucked all weekend except maybe the last hour.