[Fourlanders] Grids Worked on 222 During June 2007 Contest

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 12 16:04:04 EDT 2007

I want to add my congratulations to all.  I am sure that this is a new
Fourlanders record from Mile High Campground.  That is especially impresive
since we had to overcome several obstacles like a blown up 432 rig and a 432
antenna that didn't want to stay on the tower!  I want to personally thank
Sherman, Kim, Paul and everyone else who helped out with 6 meters.
Conditions on 6 were marginal through much of the contest but everyone kept
grinding away and when the band did open you worked the pileups like HF
contest pros.   The only complaint I heard, from Sherman, was that we need a
bigger amplifier and antennas since he couldn't always break the pileups on
the first call!  Brian, if you can get a map of the 432 grids from Ron and
make that available that would be great.  If you could do a similar map for
2 meters I believe that would also be informative/educational.  I am looking
forward to doing it again in September.