[Fourlanders] Power Line Noise

Paul Yeager, ABR(R), REALTOR(R) paul at mtnlist.com
Tue Jun 12 17:57:27 EDT 2007

Kim brings up an issue we have had for some time with power line noise.

  The area is served by Progress Energy.  To the east of the contest site in Maggie Valley, there is a substation fed by a (fairly new - 5 10 years) line that crosses a ridge just east of Maggie Valley, and follows US 19 to the substation.

  I'm not certain whether or not the new line has been there the entire time Fourlanders have operated at Mile High.

  Seven or eight miles beyond the substation, there is the paper mill in Canton, which also might be a noise source.

  These are the two obvious sources.  There are probably hundreds of other less-obvious potential sources.

  There's what I know.  Any suggestions on pinpointing the source?

  I had a BLAST working with y'all up on the mountain, and look forward to doing it again in September.

  73 DE W4SKI

whensley11 at comcast.net wrote:
  I just thought of a problem, and I'll take the lead to resolve it.

Power line noise. Pointing the 6m beam due east was just useless.

Does anybody know the utility that serves the area?

...Kim

Paul Yeager, ABR®, REALTOR®/Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
Mountain Fever Real Estate