[Fourlanders] ooops - one issue

Brian McCarthy rfacres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:57:37 EDT 2007

We have an optical view to parts of Maggie Valley, Lake Junaluska,
Clyde, I-40 east and a southern portion of Asheville. Short of a
widespread power outage, it will not be quiet in that direction.
Sorry.

On the other hand, the directions where it is quietest are also the
most heavily shaded for us due to adjacent mountains. Not really a
problem for Es on 6m, but it is shading some shorter paths for the
higher bands.

I will try to post a couple of pictures that I maneuvered out of
Google Earth that really explain the noise source. One of the pictures
seems to indicate that we have an optical path to Mount Mitchell.
Anyone up for some laser QSO's?

Later,
Brian
NX9O