[Fourlanders] ooops - one issue

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Tue Jun 12 17:03:36 EDT 2007

Kim,
My guess is that any 6 meter line noise problem is coming from the fact
that Maggie Valley (with all it's neon lighting and other potential for
line noises) is due east of our location. Did you notice it any better
or worse depending upon what time of day it was ?

We had a similar situation back at the W8VP contest site in SE Ohio
every Sept. contest.

4 miles away was the county fairgrounds and they always held the fair
during Sept. contest. With all of the temporary lighting, rotating
carnival rides with AC slip rings, etc. it was impossible for us to work
6 meters in that direction until late night when a lot of it shut down.
We never experienced the same thing in June contests.

Ron
WW8RR