[Fourlanders] June Contest Prep

Brian McCarthy rfacres at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:09:37 EDT 2007

I have delayed answering about my availability for a couple of
reasons. I have a schedule conflict in the morning. I cannot possibly
leave for Bob's from Alpharetta any earlier than 1pm.

The generator controller is still not working. I was correct about the
shorting of +12VDC into the ground lines of the programmable sensor
inputs. There were 4 or 5 areas of traces that showed heat damage and
scorching. There was only one area that was burnt all the way through.
Unfortunately, after that section burnt through, there was another
path that may have routed through active components. With the one
trace burnt through, I measured only 14K ohms between the two branches
of ground traces. After adding a jumper across the burnt open section,
it was 0 ohms. I do get some kind of indication on the display at
power up, but nothing is is working.

So I am asking the group - What things do I need to be doing at Bob's
on Saturday? Are these things more important for contest preparation
than getting my generator running? Just checking.

Thanks,
Brian
NX9O