[Fourlanders] Grid Circling

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Mon May 14 08:36:54 EDT 2007

Well, if you are looking for a foundation of definition for discussion
and/or editing and additional comments, the following is directly from
Wikipedia >

"Grid circling" is a highly-coordinated operation of two or more rover
stations. Two or more rover stations arrive at an area near the
intersection of four Maidenhead grid locators, and "circle" through the
possible combinations of grid locators, making contact with each other
from all possible grid and band/mode combinations. The rover stations
then drive to the next intersection of grid locators on their planned
route and repeat the process. Stations participating in grid circling do
not need to be capable of communicating over distances longer than a few
miles. Even without making contact with any other stations in the
contest, grid circling stations can generate large scores just by
contacting the other stations in their small, tightly-coordinated group.

Ron
WW8RR