[Fourlanders] June Contest Results!!!

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 17 00:23:32 EST 2007

I received my December QST in the mail(yes, I know that I get it before
everyone else does) and I noticed that the results of the June contest have
been published.  I am pleased to announce that we came in 6th place full
multi nationwide and 2nd place full multi for the southeastern region.  As
an aside, K8GP beat W2SZ for 1st place again which I am sure is causing much
knashing of teeth on Mount Greylock!  Our score was 368,676 which I am
certain is by far the highest score we have ever posted from Mile High
Campground!  In addition, drum roll please, we now hold the North Carolina
Section full multiop record!  The previous holder of the record was N4DT
with a score of 316,820 in 1985.  I don't know who N4DT is or was.  Does
anyone know if this could have been a Fourlanders operation from the pre
W4NH days?

I have "closed the books" on W4NH for the year.  We have a balance of $96.61
in the checking account which is typical.  I have an Excel spreadsheet with
the details of all of our expenditures for the year.  If you want to know
the details of where the money comes from and goes to just let me know and I
will be glad to send you a copy of the spreadsheet.  Bob and I have also put
together an equipment inventory so we can keep track of what we own and were
it is at.  If you want a copy of that also let me know.

As many of you know, I have a Christmas/Holiday party in December of every
year.  I didn't have one last year because of conflicts with school and
other commitments but I will be having one this year.  The date is Saturday,
December 15th and all Fourlanders are invited.  I will provide something
more formal with directions later.  Until then mark the date on your
calendar.  I am not sure if some of the newer members are on the reflector
so someone please forward this along to to them.

That is all for now.  Let's hope that our contesting in 2008 is even more
successful than it was this year.