[Fourlanders] FW: Logging Software

k4ea at contesting.com k4ea at contesting.com
Tue Nov 20 07:23:40 EST 2007

I have been using N1MM for about a year now.  My primary reason for
switching is because of much better support of SO2R.  Unfortunately, the
performance is rather poor compared to writelog (as Brian noted).  Several
reasons for this.  1)  it is written in Visual Basic, a notoriously slow
language.  2) It uses 'Access' database for data.  Also a poor performer.
The program works very poorly on my PII.  It is acceptable on my PIII
(900Mhz) and works better on my AMD Athelon XP(1.8Ghz) but still coughs
occasionally.  But the price is right!

I have also looked at win-test but hate the "DOS" type UI.

I'm still searching for the "perfect" contest logging program.

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA