[Fourlanders] FW: [SVHFSList] W4NH June Contest Plans

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Thu Jun 12 12:23:29 EDT 2008

Well, if he is coming from Ashville toward Maggie Valley, here is an
assembly of directions taken from other e-mails.

Need to get on US RT 19 East of Maggie Valley and follow RT 19 through
Maggie Valley heading toward Cherokee. Follow US 19 south approximately
7 miles (through two traffic lights) to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Turn left onto the Parkway (no matter which ramp you used to access the
parkway)

Take the Blue Ridge Parkway West 2.5 miles to Wolf Laurel Gap and turn
Right

After about 1 mile on the left there is a sign and entrance for
Mile High Campground. The first 25-50 feet or so of the entrance are
paved and then the rest is hardpack gravel and dirt. The entrance road
is quite long, more than a quarter mile.

At the intersection where the campground restrooms are, make an almost
U-turn to the right. Go all the way to the end (the top)to campsites 19,
19A and 19B.

Ron
WW8RR