[Fourlanders] Rigs For Sale

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 21 05:44:11 PDT 2009

Rigs for Sale :

With the two new 160m to 70cm rigs in the shack, I have some radios that are available for relocation to new homes. Help save them from a lonely live on the shelf, and help fund my next project. As with all used gear, they are being sold AS IS after you take them home, but feel free to email me and come over to the shack to try the rigs out before purchase, if you like.  Trades involving towers, rotors or microwave gear open for discussion..  Shipping is not included, delivery in North GA is negotiable.

Kenwood TS-600 all mode 6 M with built in power supply.  Yes, plugs in 110V AC or 12V DC.  SSB, FM CW Great classic mono band rig in VERY good shape that includes MC-50 Mic & VOX-3 unit.  Works great $300.00

Yaesu FT-77 80-10M ham w/optional FM card, I have had this rig since 1985, but it was boxed up most of the time. Works great, always gets great on air audio reports and has been my daily 10 meter rig for the last year until the FT857 showed up. $250.00.

 I also have a matching Yaesu External VFO/Memory unit, Antenna tuner, and 20amp power supply/speaker available for $125.00 ea with the rig or after it sells.

Kenwood TR-9130 2 meter all mode with dip switch PL tone card upgrade.  Looks good, works good, needs new home because I do not need 4 2M SSB rigs $150.00

TECH SPECIAL:

Kenwood TS-690Sat (with antenna tuner) (this is a TS450s that also has 6M) Radio with power cord only.   NEEDS REPAIR, TECH SPECIAL.   That said here is a rundown on the rig:   Transmit part and antenna tuner appears to work fine.  In SSB mode receive the  S meter goes all the way over to full scale like RF gain is turned down fully.   If you read on the TS-850/450/690 Yahoo group this problem turns up due to a cap failing and dripping on the RF Gain control area.   The fix is to disassemble the rig, clean it, and then replace failed cap.  I planned to do this, but after 6 months, it is not looking like I will have time to do this any time soon, plus I do not need another spare 160-6m rig now.   Fixed these radios often sell for $600.00+, when you can find them.  $225.00

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo.com