[Fourlanders] Direct Burial CATV Hardline

Brian McCarthy brian at rfacres.com
Tue Dec 15 17:48:29 PST 2009

Does anyone have a good, simple and preferably cheap suggestion for
cleaning the gooey adhesive off of a stripped back piece CATV
hardline. This is the stuff with the thick black outer sheath, solid
aluminium outer shield and goo permeated inner foam dielectric.

I have some homebrew compression fittings that were fashioned from
brass plumbing parts silver soldered onto the 2 piece style of N male
connector. Yes, it is 75 ohms. For what I am going to use it for, it
won't matter. Anyhow, that adhesive is going to make a poor connection
unless I can clean it off.

Does anyone have a anti-oxidant recommendation for reducing the bad
affects of the aluminum to brass compression connection?

Thank you,
Brian
NX9O