[Fourlanders] Direct Burial CATV Hardline

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Tue Dec 15 18:33:49 PST 2009

In my quest to find a "just as effective" replacement product for my trusty Carbo-Sol (1-1-1 Trichlor) degreaser and adhesive remover I have used for years (but has now been banned from production after someone in California determined if you drank a pint of it you might get cancer) I discovered a product sold at True Value Hardware stores called "M-1" made by Jomaps Company. It appears to work for most of the heavy stuff I use it for and it DOES melt certain plastics, which is a true test of a good Chlorinated cleaner.

In addition, I find that good old PVC pipe Cleaner as sold in Home Depot is also quite effective with adhesive and sealer removal.

The anti-oxidant grease for aluminum you seek is also available in Home Depot electrical Dept.

Ron
WW8RR