[Fourlanders] WSJT and PSK

Gordon Macie gmacie at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 10:01:45 EST 2009

i download this last night. the user interface looks terrible.
i tried the wjst program last year but could not figure it out. main problem was having a signal to learn how to set it up and tune it. there was a detailed article by a k3 or w3 that i found on the internet that helpfull but still no joy. mike k4pi was trying to do eme to japan or somewhere and sometimes i would here him on very strong with his sched but i never could copy him so i gave up. he didnt seem too interested in being helpfull. i still have some interest but looks like the ft847 took a lightning hit and wont interface to the rig right now. been thinking about a ft2000 for the 6 meter station. it would be nice if some of you guys get this going then i would have someone to exeperiment with. i have a new computer in the shack and started working on setting up software for it last night.

p.s. i bought a alpha 76a that is converted to 6 meter only with a 3cx800 so if i hear japan again this year i plan on being able to get back to them. worked several xe's last night band was open for an hour or two.

gordon n4lr