[Fourlanders] K3 Performance

Sherman Banks w4atl at shermanbanks.net
Sat Jul 4 12:04:11 PDT 2009

I found the K3 to be a real pleasure to operate. The filters are more
intuitive to operate than on a Yaesu 1K or 2K, but I rarely needed them.
And the way the K3 was wired I was able to quickly switch from SSB to CW and
operate CW without hitting the PTT footswitch to TX.  It is a radio that you
can sit down and immediately start operating.

I did hear the 220 MHz interference on the K3. But I remember hearing 2M
interference on the 2K one time on the mountain. Not sure when.  I rather
hear 220 MHz than 2M since 220 is transmitting less. Perhaps we can narrow
the problem down.