[Fourlanders] FW: The Institute Online: Metamaterials Research Earns Teen IEEE Presidents' Scholarship

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 14 19:41:53 PDT 2009

Check out this article.

First, I sure am glad that there are some young people around interested in
doing this kind of work/research.  I had pretty much written this generation
off to the computer science schools.

Second, someone needs to get this kid a ham license.

Third, it would be interesting to try this out on the ham microwave bands to
see how the performance compares to a traditional reflective dish.  See #2
above.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are.  If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

Richard P. Feynman

  _____

Metamaterials Research Earns Teen IEEE Presidents' Scholarship

>> Click
<http://www.theinstitute.ieee.org/portal/site/tionline/index.jsp?pageID=inst
itute_level1_article&TheCat=1004&article=tionline/legacy/inst2009/jul09/educ
ation.xml>  here to view this article.

Released:     07 July 2009
Posted on:     The Institute Online
 <http://www.theinstitute.ieee.org/> The Institute Online is a publication