[Fourlanders] VHF contest Plans and 222 Ops Questions

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Sun Jun 7 05:41:53 PDT 2009

Hi Bob,

Some quick answers to your basic questions.

No, the 30 watt 2 meter amp WILL NOT work on 222 MHz.
In fact, it would probably end up acting as an electronic 30 DB attenuator to any 223.5 signal you begin with.

The 5 element 222 yagi should be mounted for Vertical polarization if working FM with it. Everyone else operating FM will have their antennas vertical.
All antennas used for SSB or CW need to be mounted Horizontal polarization.

73 & good luck.

Be sure to listen for our W4NH group.

Ron
WW8RR