[Fourlanders] A Question and Bad News

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 30 20:10:13 PDT 2009

First the question.  I am planning on going to the October K5AND/W6JKV BBQ
in Austin, TX.  Is anyone else planning on going?

Now the bad news.  As many of you know, I am trying to finish up my MBA this
year.  I have one class remaining this fall which is commonly referred to as
the MBA capstone course.  As part of that course I will be taking part in a
group project looking at a company here in Atlanta in order to do a report
and presentation on its organization, operations, etc.  My group will be
having meetings over several days with various management and executives of
the company we are assigned.  I just found out today that some of the
meetings for my group are scheduled September 11th and 12th.  I don't need
to tell you what those dates conflict with.  So, it doesn't look like I will
be on the mountain in September.  Someone else will need to be band captain
for 6 and pull my trailer.

I am sorry about this but the one good thing is that after this class I will
be FINISHED and I will NEVER set a foot in the halls of higher education
again (at least as a student).

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are.  If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

Richard P. Feynman