[Fourlanders] It's Alive II

Shane Autrey KI4M iam4thapack at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 19:58:04 PDT 2010

Bob et al;
   I know you all are in good shape with this set but I have recently purchased a military surplus set for use here at home in the case of an extended utility loss. They are showing up a lot lately on GSA, Gov Deals, and Gov liquidation for decent prices. They are 10 KW continuous 15 KW surge. They are capable of producing 240V single phase or 208 3 phase just by flipping a reconnect switch. That makes them handy to run some of the surplus industrial machine shop equipment at home without buying a rotary phase converter! Anyhow look for Onan MEP-003a generators if you want a cheap good diesel generator for home or portable contest use.. They are air cooled and are easy to work on. I love mine and will not part with it for anything.

Here is a video of mine firing up after I got it home this past winter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_YdEBcA1g

Shane Autrey KI4M EM95dr