[Fourlanders] NEWS AND WANTS N4OFA/R

Mike Wechsler n4ofar at charter.net
Sat Aug 28 05:53:53 PDT 2010

Good Morning everyone,

Just think, this time next week we will be at the Shelby hamfest, digging
through all the toys, I am really looking forward to this years hamfest,
I plan on arriving after noon on Friday.  Please share this email with those

Who were not in my email list and would be coming to Shelby Hamfest.

First here are my WANTS:  10 meter mobile for a IF for my DEM 222
transverter.  Uniden 2510, 2600 or a Radio Shack HTX-100.  Keep me in mind
If you see one at a reasonable price, not a CB price.

DEM TIBK board
The DEM TIB is a circuit that will
interface any transverter to any transceiver that
has an ALC input circuit.  Generates a negative voltage to ALC in your
radio.

Need two TCK Xverter control IF switch. 10W input max. w/ adjustable atten.,
9V regulated supply, w/24V relay driver. PC board kit

These DEM boards are for my 10 Ghz whitebox, I am using manual switches
right now,  I made a couple of contacts this June and that got me excited
Again to finally finish these.

10GHZ AT THE HAMFEST:  Dex always brings his system, I especially enjoyed
Him showing off the 10 Ghz beacon reception at Shelby last year.  I would
like to bring my system this year and make some contacts, SO BE SURE AND
BIRNG YOUR STATION AND LETS HAVE SOME 10GHZ FUN.

PLANS FOR SHELBY: Last year on Saturday evening after the hamfest had died
down, I stopped by one of the Barbeque places just as they were leaving to
Go home.  After a poor mouth' lament by me on how much I was looking forward
To one of their barbeque platters they went back and got me a BIG bunch of
Barbeque with sauce and buns.  They were super nice to do this.  Anyway,
went over to Dex's van and shared this with all the guys, a great time
talking and eat'in.  I miss out Sat hamfest dinners, so why not just order
Something from the Barbeque places and spend some good times this next
Shelby?  We can check with the food people and see what the cost would be
for each person, get a list and the money and now, a INSTANT
VHF/UHF/MICROWAVE PARTY.  Just bring your chair and a cold drink.
What do you guys think?  We can make some plans for the Contest the next
weekend.

I will have my rover van with antennas and gear at the hamfest, please stop
By for a cold one' and visit a spell.  My cell phone is 423-247-9734.  I
setup on the last road with RV's, across from where Robin and Bob Lear were
Last year.

I look forward to seeing everyone and hearing your contest plans.  Yea for
Robin and Fred Flowers who will be roving this contest, exciting news.

73  Mike N4OFA/R