[Fourlanders] 6 meter beacon

Gordon Macie gmacie at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 11:05:30 PDT 2010

Thanks for the input Ron, big help !..

I have a ex motorola guy for the tech stuff. but will start looking for 6 meter multi mode rig CHEAP !..

Sounds like the need for a 2 meter beacon may not be as great.
A beacon out of town a ways maybe more usefull than one in town. I will look to see where the WA4OIB is located..

I have even seen online where cb radios have been used for 6 meter beacons.
Not sure how efficient they are but at least its an option.

from the 2 sources.

50.060  K4TQR
50.061  KD4AOZ
50.062  W9DR
50.063  KF4ODI   EM56
50.064  K4NAM
50.065  N8RT

Looks like .066 to me.

Is there any official beacon coordination ?

I think the grid for this is EM63. It will be in Alabama near the GA line.
Far away from any existing beacon.

Last beacon I put up in 1983 was still on the air as far as I know.
Hank W5VAS and I created it. Hank is now a sk and the beacon has been moved.

This will be a serious setup.. It will be at a tower site not a ham shack. The intention for is many years of service not a couple of month. Not sure of the power but will have some type halo antenna with heliax.. I would guess in the 10 watt range. Not milliwatt.

Gordon